Pitching, Hitting, NASM Certified Personal Trainer, & Manager
- Pitched at VCU
- PG Atlantic Region Honorable Mention Team 2013
- #12 PG Ranked Pitcher 2014
- Varsity Assistant at Stonewall Jackson High School
- DHB Team Coordinator & 2022 Heroes Head Coach
Coaching Philosophy: Coach Preston trains players to develop resilient and robust movement patterns used in throwing, running, and hitting using dynamic systems theory, differential learning, and the constraint led approach. He believes the best way for a player to improve is through hard work and fun! Coach Preston wants baseball to be enjoyed and respected by the individual, in hopes that every player will learn invaluable life-long lessons.
Hitting & Pitching Coach
- 4 year varsity player at Stonewall Jackson HS
- 4 year D1 student athlete at Radford University
- D2 student athlete at Post University
- Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 2015 first year player draft
- Played 4 seasons of MiLB
Coaching Philosophy: Coach Costello works to instill the fundamentals of the game to players of all ages to help them all reach their athletic goals. Coach Costello comes with a unique skill set, having played baseball professionally he’s able to help the most skilled players in the area, while also being able to help the young first time players get into baseball. Coach Costello emphasizes that the game is supposed to be fun and that is how he teaches and coaches it.
Softball Pitching & Hitting Coach
- 4-year varsity softball athlete at Westfield High School
- Played for Ashburn Shooting Stars showcase
- Second team, first team all-district for pitching
- Former softball instructor at Diamond Sports Training in Sterling, VA
Coaching Philosophy: Pitching is an important aspect of my life and always will be. I want to spread my knowledge and help young girls become better pitchers and athletes overall in the game I love.
- Drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 2011 First Year Player Draft.
- Division I Pitcher at the George Washington University, 2006 -2011.
- Pitching Coach at The Potomac School, 2014 – present
Coaching Philosophy: The cornerstone of Bobby's pitching instruction is to instill in his athletes the value of a holistic approach to training. He understands that pitching does not simply end and begin with throwing. Therefore, to prepare his athletes for the rigors of pitching, his pitcher development program includes arm-care, biomechanical development, explosive training, core and mobility training and functional lower body training.As a result, pitchers develop the ability to fully leverage their own bio-mechanics within the construct of "pitching mechanics". This foundation supports pitcher's ability to produce and maintain velocity and command.
Baseball has undoubtedly shaped Bobby’s perspective on life. It's provided him with the determination to not only become a better baseball pitcher and coach, but also strive for a life of humility and lifelong learning. He believes coaching is his opportunity to repay the game for all it's reaped benefits and lessons learned both on and off the field. Bobby finds it truly fulfilling and necessary that he shares his knowledge and experiences with the next generation of talented youth.
Hitting and Pitching Fundamentals Coach & Diamond Heroes Baseball Owner