Alex Preston, Pitching, Hitting, NASM Certified Personal Trainer, & Manager
- Pitched at VCU
- PG Atlantic Region Honorable Mention Team 2013
- #12 PG Ranked Pitcher 2014
- Varsity Assistant at Stonewall Jackson High School
- 14U Heroes Head Coach
Coaching Philosophy: Coach Preston trains players to develop resilient and robust movement patterns used in throwing, running, and hitting using dynamic systems theory, differential learning, and the constraint led approach. He believes the best way for a player to improve is through hard work and fun! Coach Preston wants baseball to be enjoyed and respected by the individual, in hopes that every player will learn invaluable life-long lessons.
Michael Costello, Manager, Hitting & Pitching Coach
- 4 year varsity player at Stonewall Jackson HS
- 4 year D1 student athlete at Radford University
- D2 student athlete at Post University
- Drafted by the Baltimore Orioles in the 2015 first year player draft
- Played 4 seasons of MiLB
Coaching Philosophy: Coach Costello works to instill the fundamentals of the game to players of all ages to help them all reach their athletic goals. Coach Costello comes with a unique skill set, having played baseball professionally he’s able to help the most skilled players in the area, while also being able to help the young first time players get into baseball. Coach Costello emphasizes that the game is supposed to be fun and that is how he teaches and coaches it.
Tom Sheridan, Hitting & Pitching Coach
- Coached over 40 players that have gone on to play pro including 3 Major Leaguers.
- Baseball Operations for New York Yankees (2008 & 2009): Video Analysis and breakdown of individuals & teams
- Associate Head Coach/Pitching Coach/Interim Head Coach/ & Adjunct Faculty at George Washington University
- Built The University of Mary Washington Baseball Program from its inception into a national power. One of only 15 coaches in the history of Division 3 baseball to have won over 500 games and lead teams to at least 10 NCAA tournament appearances & 20 straight winning seasons.
- Associate Professor of Athletics, Health and Physical Education at UMW
- NCAA career winning percentage of .671 (5th All-Time among all Division I, II, III coaches in Virginia )
- Coached 18 nationally ranked teams
- Assistant Coach of James Madison University College World Series Team
- Member of the Pennsylvania State, James Madison University, & Mary Washington Athletic Hall of Fames
- Two time Virginia State Coach of the year and 11 time Conference Coach of the year
Coaching Philosophy: During Coach Sheridan's career he had the experience of working with players from the ages of 8 through those in professional baseball. The common thread among all serious players is the desire to be exposed to quality information, thorough evaluation and honest and unbiased feedback. As coaches we are the fortunate beneficiaries of the knowledge and mentoring that others gave of themselves to help us succeed. Sheridan's hope is to be able to give back and provide an experience that allows individual players to develop and refine their ability while helping prepare them to embrace challenge and take advantage of opportunities both on and off the field.
Bobby Lucas, Pitching Coach
- Drafted by the Washington Nationals in the 2011 First Year Player Draft.
- Division I Pitcher at the George Washington University, 2006 -2011.
- Pitching Coach at The Potomac School, 2014 – present
Coaching Philosophy: The cornerstone of Bobby's pitching instruction is to instill in his athletes the value of a holistic approach to training. He understands that pitching does not simply end and begin with throwing. Therefore, to prepare his athletes for the rigors of pitching, his pitcher development program includes arm-care, biomechanical development, explosive training, core and mobility training and functional lower body training.As a result, pitchers develop the ability to fully leverage their own bio-mechanics within the construct of "pitching mechanics". This foundation supports pitcher's ability to produce and maintain velocity and command.
Baseball has undoubtedly shaped Bobby’s perspective on life. It's provided him with the determination to not only become a better baseball pitcher and coach, but also strive for a life of humility and lifelong learning. He believes coaching is his opportunity to repay the game for all it's reaped benefits and lessons learned both on and off the field. Bobby finds it truly fulfilling and necessary that he shares his knowledge and experiences with the next generation of talented youth.
Tom Coates, Hitting and Pitching Fundamentals Coach & Diamond Heroes Baseball Owner
We have more coaches signed on including Softball Coaches. Coaches' Profiles coming soon!